Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Two Down

"The door to our suite"

It is only the second day and I'm not getting any sleep. I'm not a full time college student. This should not be happening.

This morning I was abruptly awakened by a noise. I had no idea what is was, but apparently it was the sound of a fire alarm at 7:30 AM. I was not a happy camper at all...

Today we explored Lehman library which is one of our other libraries we can choose to do our research at. The library yesterday was Butler Library. Personally, Butler library is my favorite. Mostly because everything I need to know about Theodore Roosevelt and foreign affairs (my research topic) is found in that library.

"Inside Butler Library"

I think I'm in over my head already. We have a 5-7 page outline and 10 source bibliography for our research paper due on Friday. I might sleep in the library the rest of mytime here from all the research that is required. The amount of books in the library to chose from are overwhelming. Not tomention it is very hard (well for me) to even search through the 12 floors of unlimited book shelves to find the one you're looking for. Thank God for the catalog online and the map of where everything is! I felt like a really college student today, going into the library to study and write reports. I found the library was able to help me focus because of the professional and serious vibe it sent out.

"The books keep going..."

Our first reading assignment is to read the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, Articles of Confederation, and several sections of the Federalist Papers. I believe tonight will be my first all nighter at Columbia University and will for sure not be the last. We must read in order to participate in the morning session of our class, which is mostly discussion.

In the evening Irene, Beilul, Eric, Masao, and I traveled to SoHo by subway. It was a cool experience to travel on our own for the first time. Through team work we were able to figure out how to transfer on the subway and make it to SoHo without getting lost. We bought some souvenirs in Chinatown, which is right next to SoHo. It was not what I had expected since everyone who told me about it said it was the best place to go shopping. It wasn't in my opinion. It was nice to bond and hang out with the cohort. It was a well needed break from the intense second day of class we had.

"SoHo"

Tomorrow I will hopefully get more rest. Hopefully. I plan to read as much as I can tonight before I knock out for the night. I need my rest orI can't participate in any of the RA trips! I cannot miss out on all of the excitement.

"Reassurance"

No comments:

Post a Comment