Tuesday, July 5, 2011

11 days left...

There are only 11 days left in this program. It's amazing how time flies.

I'm not really sure to think of it so far. This experience has been very overwhelming to me. I'm not used to being on my own, meaning I don't have a family to go to or do things with. I have friends here, but it's just so different from home. It will take some time getting used to. I would like to think that I have gotten into the rhythm of school work here, but I haven't yet. I'm really pushing myself to the limits to keep up with everything. I don't mean any of this in a negative way. It's almost like testing myself to see how much I can really do while I'm here. Will I do good, or bad? Will I take the most out of everything going on around me? Or will I not? Hopefully the answers are all positive. So far there is no doubt in my mind that I'm putting all of my effort into it.

I feel like I'm almost not prepared for the type of class I am in. There is not way I have ever written something over maybe 7 pages or even done an extensive research project like this. I have never had a class where the teacher asks you a questions and everyone responds on the issue, nor have I ever had to start the discussion so that others can comment. All of this is new to me. It makes me wonder how much shock I would have gone into if I hadn't been in this program to see what this kind of class is really like.

I honestly never thought of myself as spending so much time in the library that I actually do. The surprising thing is that I actually enjoy it. After reading became a requirement in school, I began to lose interest in it for fun. This research paper has me reading not just because I have to but because I'm curious to know more about what I need to know. It sparked a curiosity in me that I had no idea I could have in me.

I honestly haven't been feeling good these past couple days. I'm not sure if I'm worn out from the non-stop action going around all the time or if I'm getting sick. Either way, this will be a hard week to crank out a 12 page rough draft!

No comments:

Post a Comment